Genetta is a factory-manufactured new generation pole climbing shoe whose safety, durability and multifunctionality are not compromised at any point. It has been designed to endure heavy use and challenging weather conditions, every day, all year round.
COMPARISON TO OTHER CLIMBING PRODUCTS
When working at height, you should always use the most ergonomic and safe climbing gear
– and Genetta pole climbing shoe meets those requirements.
Don’t just take our word on it, but see it yourself on the table below:
|Test – Tested by SATRA (Notified Body)||✅ Yes||❌No||❌No||❌No|
|Test – Slip resistance SATRA TM 144 : 2011||✅ Yes||❌No||❌No||N/A|
|Test – 18 kV 50 Hz electricity isolation||✅ Yes
(on points where user’s footwear or foot touches)
|User – Ergonomy and stand||✅ Yes
Double adjustable on fly
|❌Not adjustable on fly||❌No||❌No|
|User – Foot size adjust||✅ Yes
|✅Adjustable||❌Belt bindings||❌Belt bindings|
|User- Self rescue in backward fall||✅ Sometimes possible||❌Not possible||❌Not possible||❌Not possible|
|Productivity – Multiple pairs needed||✅ No||❌Yes||❌Yes||❌Yes|
|Productivity – Endless lifetime
(Genetta longevity service)
By yearly factory inspection and maintenance with Genetta longevity service
|Productivity – Updates||✅ Yes||❌No||❌No||❌No|
|Productivity – Training services||✅ Yes||❓||❓||❓|
|Pole – diameter size adjust on fly||✅ Yes||❌No||❌No||N/A|
|Pole – Type tree, wood, concrete, metal, composite||✅ Yes||❌No||❌No||❌No|
|Pole – Diameter in mm||✅ 70 – 350 mm
(with spike to cover any wood diameter)
|❗200-300 mm||❗125-350 mm||N/A|
|Pole – Profile||✅ Any
(with special tips)
|❗Round / roundish / square||❗Round / roundish||❗Round|
|Pole – Latest diameter memory||✅ Yes||❌No||❌No||N/A|
|Specs – Static load||✅ Yes 506kg per foot||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Specs – Dynamic load||✅ Yes 153kg per foot||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Specs – Ankle support||✅ Yes (patented)||❌No||❌No||✅ Yes|
|Specs – Static ankle protection per foot||✅ Yes (Breaking strength of 254 kg)||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Specs – Changeable front blades||✅ Yes||❌No||❌No||N/A|
|Specs – Changeable hook spikes||✅ Yes||❌No||❌No||N/A|
|Specs – Modular structure||✅ Yes||❌No||❌No||❌No|
|Carrying – foldable structure||✅ Yes||❌No||❌No||❌No|
Technical features of Genetta pole climbing shoe
In climbing duties that require leaning back, just extend the hook, and the base of the Genetta shoe will tilt downwards.
In addition, you can freely adjust the calf support to the optimal tilt position.
VERSATILE AND MULTIFUNCTIONAL
• Adjustable to wooden poles, composite poles and trees of any diameter between 70–330 mm (2.5–13’’)
• Adjustable to any shoe size between European 37–47 (UK 4.5–12.5)
COMPACT AND DURABLE
• Dimensions in portable position: length 49 cm, width 22 cm, height 12–16 cm
• Weight: 3.9 kg /shoe
• Materials: steel, aluminum, composite, synthetic fibre
• 12 month warranty for failures due to defective materials and manufacturing defects
• Thanks to GENETTA LONGEVITY SERVICE the shoe has endless lifetime when inspected at factory repair and fixed with original Genetta spare parts.
Genetta shoe in a portable position
Walking with the Genetta pole climbing shoes is allowed when the hooks are pushed into a portable position. When taken into use again, the hooks open to the length in which they were used the last time.
SWIFTLY TO USE
• Quick-release lock system for changing from transport mode to use and back
• Last used pole diameter is stored
• User manual available in English, Finnish and Swedish
• Only trained professionals are allowed to use Genetta pole climbing shoes.
• Using appropriate fall protection equipment and personal protective equipment, provided by law, is obligatory when
• The shoe must be checked every 12 months by a designated inspector.
• Do not use a defective product. In case of malfunction, contact the retailer.
• Right to changes reserved.
Genetta shoe ready for use